We’ve got you covered.
There aren’t many we haven’t seen – so don’t worry! We embrace our dietary guests with the same love and attention. There are no poor cousin meals here and there’s no excuse for them either!
So many of our guests with particular dietary needs are wowed and appreciative of our dietary dishes which tells us that not everyone is treating their clients guests equally. Why? We don’t know! – with the abundance of fresh produce in this country, all it takes is a spark of imagination and a genuine love of good food. We thought it might help to get some hints and insight into how we manage dietary requirements for our events.
What you can do:
- Talk to us! We can guide you.
- Ask your guests to provide their dietary needs with their RSVP.
- Enter all dietaries into your Urban Gourmet dietary spreadsheet (or your own).
- Return the spreadsheet when you provide final numbers for your event – 5 working days prior to the event date.
- We know it’s not always possible to collect all dietaries for cocktail functions – if you’re unsure, as standard, we recommend you include 20-40% gluten free and vegetarian items.
- For a dinner we’d recommend to select a gluten free entree and/or main.
What we will do:
- It starts with the brief. When we take the event brief from you, we’ll ask you about the type of guests and gain some insight into the style of food that will most likely appeal to them. At this early stage we’ll still ask you whether there are any known or likely dietaries – but if you don’t know yet don’t worry!
- If there are a number of known dietaries right from the start, we will take an overview of what ALL of your guests CAN eat and may develop a menu specifically for the event that is as inclusive as possible, or we’ll create a vibrant alternate menu.
- We will supply you with a dietary spreadsheet that you can complete, or you can set up your own.
- 5 days before your event we will collect your final numbers and the dietaries from you.
- If this is the first time we have been advised of the dietary needs and you’ve already selected a menu, we’ll review the list against the agreed menu and either remove or substitute ingredients, or our chefs will create a beautiful, fresh alternate menu that the rest of the guests will envy.
- We’ll make our front of house staff fully aware of the guests with dietary requirements and they will be thoroughly familiar with the ingredients of the menu items.
- For a seated dinner all guests will be served at the same time in a seamless service. There is no separate delivery of dietary meals or any attention drawn to them.
What we won’t do:
- Cause you or your guests any embarrassment by making a fuss of any dietary needs or meals.
- Serve dietary meals first or second (unless directed to by you).
- Serve a tired “go to” dietary meal without flavour or imagination.
- Serve a dietary meal that doesn’t take into account the vast array of what your guests CAN eat.
Talk to us! 09 366 3086.